Director, Healthcare Software Product Management - Telecommute (111013312)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Strategic Product Manager has a deep understanding of the healthcare market, operations and business. This role is responsible for translating market trends along with client needs into a product strategy and roadmap that ensures business growth and revenue goals are achieved. You will lead cross-functional teams to develop and launch products working closely with key internal partners including growth office, technology, operations, marketing, and finance.
Skills required for this role include strategic thinking, collaboration, decision making, translating strategic goals to tactics, and leading in often ambiguous circumstances.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Own the product lifecycle: insights, iterations, improvements, end-of-life using product methodology
- Leverage market research, competitive landscape, and client feedback to understand market/customer needs to identify new opportunities and enhance or sunset current product offerings
- Gather, manage, and prioritize market and client requirements
- Define product business case, goals, and multi-year roadmaps
- Influence leaders to adopt new ideas, product, or approaches
- Drive the implementation of product initiatives with key stakeholders, engineering and operations teams. Guide technical product owners in translating business requirements to functional requirements to shape the product delivery and evolution
- Manage product investments, spending, and the delivery of value. Definition and analysis of outcome metrics that measure and benchmark product success and support roadmap prioritization
- Subject matter expert in Government solutions (Medicare, Medicaid, ACA)
- Support sales and marketing to optimize product positioning and advance sales growth
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of developing solutions in Medicare / Medicaid landscape
- 5+ years in Agile software development approach defining business needs for development and collaborating with engineering teams
- 3+ years of Product Lifecycle Management
- 3+ years developing roadmaps, defining backlogs, writing user stories and collaborating with development teams to bring solutions to market
- 2+ years end to end enrollment solutions with Medicare Advantage and PDP
- Proficiency with MS Office applications - Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience communicating at all levels of an organization, including executive presentations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to influence others
- Excellent written and verbal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.