Director Technology Product Management - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is the industry leader delivering health services dedicated to one goal: making the health system work better for everyone. For those who need care, provide care and pay for care, we deliver integrated, intelligent solutions designed to modernize the health system and improve the health of individuals and populations.
We are investing significantly in new capabilities to design, develop and deliver better solutions, especially those for consumers. We are seeking people with proven experience conceptualizing, defining and delivering consumer-facing solutions [services as products] delivered via digital means [web, mobile, social, email, new technologies]. This position will lead the development of new, as well as drive and enhance existing capabilities for products and experiences. Acts as a mediator between the consumers/patients/members, business leaders and the technical teams - communicating consumer needs and translating those needs into new product features for the team to design. Partner with business (P&L) leaders to define/design industry leading consumer-facing digital solutions and ensure alignment with business and product plans (e.g., capital/funding commitments, revenue commitments, capabilities, functional impacts, cross functional roles), Lead efforts to fulfill defined digital product solutions, ensuring solutions follow the digital vision and strategy of Optum’s omni-channel experience. Oversee the development of new online products, from inception to launch. Post-launch, management of ongoing incremental improvements based on various performance factors and continued feature needs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for successful creation delivery and optimization of digital (web and mobile) solutions in support of strategic business initiatives with focus on high quality and value
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to obtain appropriate market information/data and define consumer and business needs
- Partner with appropriate teams to coordinate solution research activities (secondary and primary)
- Drive prototype development and user testing
- Partner with technology teams on the creation of requirements and user stories
- Participate in agile process to ensure business vision is being accurately implemented and meet market expectations
- Ensure solutions are delivered on time and on budget, including identifying and resolving risks and issues
- Utilize related web analytics, testing and design of experiments (A/B, Multivariate) to advance products and experiences
- Manage a team of personnel with various roles/levels in digital product solutions roles
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to obtain input and buy-in for digital strategies (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Shared Services, Operations)
- Develop various communication elements to socialize/explain/educate projects and statuses to facilitate decision making with the business pillars and other partners
- Provide thought leadership and strategic input to innovate and deliver ideas based on market research, focus groups and usability studies
- Coach business partners through needs assessment processes, and synthesize findings into concise opportunity statements, roadmaps and cost/benefit business impact plans
- Subscribe to Optum Product Methodology and business processes, providing input to further advance the discipline and evangelize across the team
- Lead digital planning and strategic roadmap activities across highly matrixed organization
- Partner with stakeholders on creation of value story/business case and participate in capital funding process
- Define and ensure consumer and performance measures are appropriately in place and utilized to derive insights/advance the product roadmap
- Manage team of product specialists, ensuring that fulfillment of digital products meets defined customer needs
- Utilize influencing skills to build a collaborative culture and foster relationships with both internal and external strategic partners with focus on innovation, growth and continuous improvement
- Partner with Digital Marketing Participate in design of product collateral and Marketing campaigns
- Provide sales support including participation in customer meetings and product demonstrations
- Have an understanding of how user-experience (UX) and content strategy need to come together for an optimal experience
- Constantly keeping up to date on digital trends and best practices
- Oversee governance and analytics to validate a quality solution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in digital program and/or digital product management
- Preferably in a dynamic, high-paced, high-growth organization type environment
- 6+ years of experience in personnel management
- Preferably managing a mix of diverse digital roles including digital product managers, user-experience roles, project managers, business analysts and content production roles
- Experience with managing small (4-6) and large teams (10+) a plus
- Experience managing other people leaders (directors/managers/supervisors) a plus
- 6+ years in agile software development processes and tools
- Experience using data and metrics to justify requirements, build business cases and measure digital product performance against goals and toward continuous improvement
- Knowledge and / or understanding of responsive web and mobile (mobile web and native app) development, from feature identification to layout to software/platform constraints
- Knowledge in Technology Platforms, Data Architectures, and API Structures
- Web/Interactive analytics experience
- Robust understanding of content management, strategy through execution
- Preferably in organizations utilizing Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as the content management platform
- Experience with SEO and testing (A/B and Multivariate)
- Personalization experience (one-to-many and one-to-one)
- Experience in other interactive and digital industries where consumer experience is a key business driver of the department, division or organization-wide (e-commerce, online-banking, web-based journalism, online education)
- Experience in defining, developing and maintaining platform-level scaled digital product solutions with diverse set of stakeholders and competing priorities between common-capabilities and specific internal-partner needs
- Health care industry experience: provider, payer, medical device, pharmaceutical, or other health services
- Technology project-management-office (IT-PMO) experience
- Certifications in digital product management, digital execution and digital strategy
- Demonstrated ability to build a collaborative culture and relationships across the organization and with external strategic and distribution partners
- Demonstrated ability to operate at a strategic level working closely with the business unit leads
- Demonstrated ability to translate professional expertise and business goals into strong results delivering high-quality products and services in a systematic, integrated fashion, working closely with the business partners in the distribution and product management groups
- Demonstrated change management experience, helping an organization understand and adopt new ideas and new ways of operating
- Solid problem-solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues
- Proven ability to leverage resources across disparate functions in multiple geographic locations
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a diverse team and demonstrate a track record of meeting rapid pace, demanding, sophisticated client needs
- Collaborate effectively within a large dynamic organization, across multiple stakeholders
- Able to think effectively at the conceptual and strategic level and skilled in planning and executing complex strategies
- Candidates with experience in consumer-centric design thinking methodologies strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with mid to top level internal and external stakeholders
- Solid relationship and interpersonal skills
- Solid influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Consultative and collaborative style
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive digital strategic recommendations to execution
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.