Disease Management RN Case Manager - Telecommute in Oklahoma
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UMR offers tailored programs designed to enhance clinical outcomes and reduce costs to customers. UMR offers best-in-class programs and care management services to help customers receive the right care at the right time in the right place. In this role a Disease Management Case Manager will aid in changing our members’ behavior regarding their chronic condition(s). Telephonic interactions with members are structured around behavior change theory and seek to assist individuals make healthy lifestyle changes. Health education and promoting self-advocacy are also key tools in this role.
If you live in the State of Oklahoma, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Available Work Schedules:
1st Option: 4-days a week (M-F, off any day except Friday)/15hrs after 5pm
2nd Option: 5-days a week (M-F)/10hrs after 5pm
- Patient engagement and retention in specific Disease Management Programs - Diabetes, Hypertension, CAD, Heart Failure, Asthma, COPD, Depression, Breast, Lung, Prostate and Colorectal Cancers, Hepatitis C, HIV, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Myasthenia Gravis, Sickle Cell Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chronic Kidney Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Crohn’s Disease
- Utilizes established standards of care to identify and address members’ gaps in care
- Utilizing motivational interviewing techniques for assisting members to move through the stages of behavioral change
- Working with members to set and achieve SMART goals
- Coaching individuals to make lifestyle changes to reduce risk of disease processes
- Document clinical information completely, accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show pro-active behavior in addressing customer/member needs
- Ensure that sensitive member medical information is treated with respect and appropriate levels of confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA regulations
- Educate and empower members to ensure treatment adherence, satisfaction of management of condition, and promote member advocacy
- Identify compliance and quality improvement opportunities, and initiate corrective actions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- RN license, active and unrestricted, in the State of Oklahoma
- Chronic Care Professional (CCP) or able to obtain after 1 year
- 5+ years of nursing experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting
- Ability to obtain multi-state RN Licensure
- Access to high-speed internet from home (Broadband Cable, DSL, Fiber) and a dedicated workspace from home
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows 10)
- Computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records and provide customer service on the phone concurrently
- Must reside in the State of Oklahoma
- Ability to work schedule listed above
- BSN degree or higher
- Compact license
- CCP Chronic Care Professional
- Experience working in Case Management or Disease Management
- Motivational interviewing and coaching experience
- Diabetic educator experience
- ICU, Cardiology or Critical Care experience
- Solid working knowledge of hypertension and/or diabetes
- Bilingual with English/Spanish
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.