Director, Technical Product Management Epic EHR/PM - MN or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. (MN preferred)
- Lead and define EMR product strategy and vision, delivering high impact products in a dynamic environment
- Develop product costing models and intake process to drive business case development and decisions making
- Act as product domain expert at all levels of customer/provider interactions and represent the voice of customers to internal and external development teams.
- Create and execute product strategy and roadmaps that achieve business goals and align with business strategy
- Accountable for release management process, communication, and alignment with all Epic tenants for upgrades, security patches, and scheduled downtimes
- Deeply understand the technical and business needs of existing and target customers
- Collaborate with all product stakeholders to deliver valuable product features & iterations while driving continuous improvement
- Lead Agile teams through the development process in a Product Owner role including creating and maintaining product backlog, prioritizing features, crafting user stories and defining acceptance
- Complete planning, prioritization and definition/requirements gathering to identify and convey the vision and goals of the product
- Work closely with Engineering and UX teams to deliver valuable products to our customers while ensuring the product and platform architecture is aligned with the solution roadmap
- Partner with Operations, Clinical teams, and Marketing to successfully roll out new products and enhancements, ensuring a great end-to-end customer experience across all departments and locations.
- Create, implement, coordinate, and educate users on enhancements to the product
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience
- Background and Experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience with the Epic platform
- 3+ years of experience in product management role for EMR/PM platforms
- 3+ years of clinical healthcare background
- 3+ years in a technical product management role working with Agile development teams through product launches and integrations
- 3+ years of experience translating ideas and customer input into creative healthcare products and solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% nationally
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience analyzing sprint outcomes to develop recommendations and improvements to products and processes
- Ability to set priorities and manage time to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Solid capacity to communicate detailed, persuasive information to all partners – verbally and/ or in writing
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.