Director, Solutions Management - Remote
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time. naviHealth is looking to hire a Solutions Manager with experience building mission-critical service-oriented applications. This role is a key-contributor to the organization and future technologies. Moreover, have a genuine passion and energy to grow within an aggressive and fun environment, using the latest technologies in alignment with the company’s technical vision and strategy.
The Solutions Management team is responsible for driving the solution design, evolution, and overall profitability of the portfolio of technology-enabled clinical and care management programs for core service lines for naviHealth to improve value created for naviHealth, patients, current customers, and go to market growth strategy. The team will also be responsible for partnering with the New Solutions and Business Development teams to ensure an integrated go to market customer, patient and provider experience as new solutions scale through solution maturity.
As a senior member of the Solutions Management team, the Director of Solutions Management plays a critical role in developing and executing the overall solution strategy for naviHealth’s core service lines of business. The Director of Solution Management will collaborate with cross functional teams across the enterprise to drive the discovery, ideation, and execution of the core inpatient post-acute care (IP-PAC) offerings for all lines of business including Health Plan & PGP Medicare Advantage Plans and Value Based Contracts (Bundles, ACO, and Direct Contracting Entities) in support the company’s purpose of improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This role will work with an array of internal and external partners, garnering their perspectives throughout the development and evolution of the solution roadmap as well as bring them along to the overarching vision using data-driven insights and persuasive storytelling. This role is ultimately accountable for guiding the solution roadmap through the entirety of its lifecycle including strategy development/refinement, defining OKRs, delivering new capabilities and ultimately executing on the go-to-market plan.
- Responsible for solution growth, including cultivating, defining and/or refining revenue models and assessing opportunities to expand program scope
- Responsible for solution value delivery and differentiation, including evaluation of market dynamics and trends, competitive positioning, assessment of opportunity to capture new value pools, developing deep understanding of current value delivery and opportunities to improve and enhance value delivery
- Responsible for ongoing solution design and evolution, including customizations based on clients’ needs/requests and building integrations with other products and/or capabilities to enhance value
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to set go-to-market priorities, track both revenue growth and progress against established strategic initiatives
- Synthesize market feedback to identify revenue growth opportunities and competitive threats. Define client problems, size opportunities, and prioritize initiatives for the core solutions that are differentiated, scalable and repeatable
- Work closely with the clinical operations to inform solution optimization and enhancements, and to partner on designing solution enhancements into operational workflows and digital product business requirements
- Partner with digital product and IT/engineering teams to define business requirements for solution enhancements/expansions and monitors product development process to ensure compliance with design specifications
- Train Sales, Operations and Product on the “what, why and how” of core service offering, empowering them to understand, embrace and evangelize
- Support the sales teams by contributing to new client business pitches
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
- Ability to travel as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in healthcare
- Deep healthcare industry knowledge, preferrable in the post-acute care space
- Proven experience in managing multiple products and/or complex initiatives simultaneously across the entire lifecycle – from initial requirements gathering through product release and rollout
- Exceptional ability to balance development timelines and prioritization of product enhancements
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and applications, with particular emphasis on PowerPoint and visual communication
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree
- 7+ years of product or solution management experience, preferably with a technology-enabled health services company or comparable entity
- Demonstrated analytic acumen, ability to leverage data to drive decision making and improve outcomes
- Strategic thinker, skilled communicator, and seasoned influencer with demonstrated ability to drive consensus at all levels, including senior executive leadership
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and then translate them for less technical audiences while simultaneously being able to dive into the details when needed
- Self-driven with solid sense of urgency, requires minimal oversight to drive challenges to closure
- Extremely organized with demonstrated ability to establish priorities, hold cross functional partners accountable and ultimately achieve results
- Able to work comfortably and effectively in a rapidly evolving environment and convert ambiguity to clarity
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.