Laboratory Accessioner - Optum Tri-State
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
ProHEALTH Care is one of the largest integrated physician group practices in the New York Metropolitan Area with twenty locations throughout Long Island. ProHEALTH Care features more than 300 highly skilled physicians with outstanding credentials from nearly every medical specialty working together to care for thousands of patients each month. Many of our physicians are recognized for innovative medical achievements including writing award winning medical journals and conducting research studies.
As a part of the Optum tri-state, Pro Health NY is seeking a Laboratory Accesioner to join our growing team. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally.
- Under close supervision, acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment, Has little or no role in decision-making
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor
- Accession specimens according to the types of requisition received (manual or electronically)
- Check patient’s name on the specimens and on the requisition to ensure that the patient identification matches
- Enter all pertinent patient information into the system, all tests requested/ordered, and any relevant comments
- Disinfecting his/her own work station
- Separate specimens to the appropriate laboratory department
- Deliver specimens to the appropriate laboratory departments
- Follow all federal. State and laboratory safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to follow precise directions in situation requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency
- 1+ years of laboratory related experience
- Proven knowledge of medical lab and specimen processing
- Demonstrated good verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.