Vice President - Sales and Account Management - KA - Cypress, CA
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Sales management for the UHC Key Accounts responsible for broker/consultant and direct sales to customers in the 100 to 3,000+ employee range including fully and selfinsured, public sector, UMR and Specialty business. Responsible for the overall sale of new business/NBEA and the retention of existing accounts.
- Manage and monitor producer and client assignments
- Training of sales staff, new hire and ongoing
- Maintain an acceptable office close ratio per management direction
- Maintain an acceptable level of persistency in overall book of business
- Recruit, hire and monitor sales staff
- Personnel development and management
- Manage the budget
- Set office strategy to achieve goals
- Direct and manage sales and service plans
- Management reporting
- Overall office management
- Relationship Building:
- Build and maintain key client and producer relationships
- Develop and maintain key internal relationships
- Present a positive image of UHG to the marketplace
- Healthcare Knowledge:
- Understands goals, operating principles, strategies and competitive position of UHC
- In-depth healthcare knowledge, understands important trends
- Demonstrates knowledge of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies
- Understands medical management operations and strategies
- Financial and Underwriting:
- Understands financing methodologies and strategies (fully insured, ASO)
- Thorough knowledge of UHC underwriting principles and practices
- Possesses basic math skills
- Can explain and justify a renewal rate to customers
- Understands the drivers of fees and liabilities
This will by a hybrid position working out of our Cypress, California office.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years successful Sales Mgt experience in the health insurance industry
- Sales Insurance License Maintained by Law
- Demonstrated success dealing with brokers/consultants and existing relationships with key consultants in the greater Los Angeles market
- Demonstrated success managing a complex book of business
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Related Field
- Demonstrated ability to move a prospect through the UHC sales process
- Demonstrated ability to "close" business
- Proven solid consultative sales skills
- Proven solid presentation skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $130,000 to $220,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.