Case Management Agency Director - Remote in Western Colorado
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is responsible for the management and administration of Long-Term Services and Supports case management delivery and adherence to contractual requirements of case management services. This position supports corporate objectives by utilizing specialized knowledge of Long-Term Services and Supports to direct and manage HSS Coordinator supervisors and case managers providing Case Management services.
If you are located in Colorado, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Preferred Western Slope of Colorado and/or Mesa, Chaffee, Custer, Freemont, Alamosa, Saguache, Mineral, Rio Grande, Costilla, Conejos counties.
- Serve as a director overseeing Case Management Agency (CMA) functions and associated staff
- Respect confidentiality and maintain confidences as described in the UHG Employee Handbook and acknowledged through signature by all employees. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a critical and essential component of this position
- Participating in supervisory case conferences with HSS Coordinators, upon warranted escalation
- Oversight of the CMA supervisory functions
- Ensuring the completion of all Work in accordance with the CMA Contract Agreement’s requirements. This includes but is not limited to, ensuring the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of all Work
- Supports executive leadership
- The Director must demonstrate competency and commitment to the delivery of HSS Coordinators case management services by developing and/or implementing and sustaining policies, procedures and trainings
- May take on special assignments and projects on an as needed basis. Assist with system assessment and development as needed
- This position requires travel up to 50%. Requires independent, reliable, flexible, and on-demand, transportation at the incumbent’s expense for travel between various locations and timely arrival and departure from various locations. If the employee chooses to satisfy this requirement by driving a vehicle, the employee must meet the requirements for Colorado licensure and company requirements for liability insurance coverage
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must meet one of the following:
- Master’s degree in one of the human behavioral science fields such as human services, nursing, social work, psychology, public health
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the field of LTSS, which includes developmental disabilities
- The combination of education and experience that would enable performance of the full scope of the position as well as 5+ years of supervisory or management experience
- Relevant experience is defined as:
- Experience in one of the following areas: long-term care services and supports, gerontology, physical rehabilitation, disability services, children with special health care needs, behavioral science, special education, public health or nonprofit administration, or health/medical services, including working directly with persons with physical, intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental illness, or other vulnerable populations as appropriate to the position being filled
- 5+ of competency and demonstrated experience with LTSS programs
- Intermediate level of proficiency MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel up to 50% within assigned territory to meet with members and providers
- Reside in or nearby surrounding Mesa, Lake, Chaffee, Custer, Freemont, Alamosa, Saguache, Mineral, Rio Grande, Costilla, Conejos counties
- Experience as a caseworker or case manager with LTSS population, in a private or public social services agency may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.