Automation Technician - Oviedo, FL
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Equipment Maintenance Technician coordinates with the Automation team in supporting and optimizing mail order pharmacy throughput and minimizing downtime through the scheduling and completion of routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and process improvement strategies. The Equipment Maintenance Technician is also responsible for the completion of planned maintenance for the department and automation equipment readiness.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing or distribution line
- Experience with control logic such as Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Software PLC, HMI, RSLogic500/5000, and Studio 5000
- Experience with 3-phase 480 volts industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit and motor control circuits
- Experience with maintaining work orders, parts inventory, hours, etc. with computerized systems such as CMMS or SAP
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/mechanical/pneumatic issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnostic, calibration, maintenance/repair of equipment and electronic devices
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 4 - year degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experiences with electrical, mechanical maintenance experience within industrial, manufacturing, or automated fulfillment center industries
- 5+ years of experience working in high volume, multiple shifts, Repacking/Manufacturing environment
- Experience in the following processes: Descrambling, Labeling, Pill Filling, Capping, Weighting, Sorting, and Packaging
- Beckhoff PLC experience
- AC/DC motors and motor controls
- Experience with Automated Conveyor Lines
- Experience with eMaint CMMS
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance program, policies/procedures
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.