Facility Technician - Reliant Medical Group - Milford, MA
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Site Service Technician for Reliant Medical Group will report into the Site Administrator and is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Including shipping/receiving, internal delivery of supplies/equipment, mail, general maintenance, snow removal, par stocking and other related duties.
- Receives, verifies, and counts inventory and direct purchases. Enters information into the computer system following standard procedure
- Notes delivery location on packages received. Files packing slips and other paperwork in accordance with department policies
- Receives products and unpacks from case packaging as required. Handles product in a manner to minimize damage
- Forwards packing slips/vendor invoices to Accounts Payable
- Prepares packages for shipping through inside and outside services as necessary
- Transports product to proper destination utilizing the appropriate warehouse equipment
- Processes all returned products accurately following standard procedures.
- Rotates stock to ensure oldest is used first so stock does not expire. Replenishes stock as needed
- Utilizes computer pick sheets, retrieves product from shelves and packages for shipment as required
- Provides documentation to inventory control and assists with physical inventories as required
- Delivers and collects interoffice, USPS/bulk mail, medical records, x-rays, supplies, etc. Ensures effective and timely interoffice delivery and collection
- Performs routine maintenance activities such as, light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, shutting off water due to leaking faucets or drains, clogs, miscellaneous repairs, etc.
- Identifies safety issues such as ripped carpets, cracked cement on walkways, etc. Repairs and/or notifies appropriate areas of issues
- Receives requests for shelving, light moves, temp controls, etc. Processes the requests within position responsibility
- Maintains building maintenance inventory at established levels. Orders and receives inventory as required
- Greets and directs contractors such as electricians, plumbers, HVAC, roofing, carpenters, etc., to the location of the issue. Has contractors return after repair and follows up with appropriate area
- Monitors and maintains a variety of monthly, quarterly and yearly inspection/logs such as extinguishers, emergency lighting, exit lighting, fire, generator, elevator, sprinkler, fire alarm, building evacuation, etc., following standard procedure
- Maintains and updated egress chart as required
- Completes documentation such as time sheets, preventative maintenance sheets, etc. following standard procedure
- Identifies and recognizes needed repairs. Implements and troubleshoots corrective action through proper channels
- Plans workload in order to evaluate priorities and achieve efficiency in the schedule
- Maintains, repairs, and utilizes all tools and equipment in an appropriate manner
- Reports to supervisor any unsafe or non-routine issues
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Removes and replaces full Sharp containers, Bio-Hazard boxes from departments to designated storage area, emptying bins containing HIPPA materials for shredding, etc., following standard procedures
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as Community Health Accreditation Program, Department of Transportation, Federal Drug Administration, etc. Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, Vocational, Technical School Graduate or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience within facility maintenance
- Current valid Massachusetts driver’s license
- Knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Able to lift packages, boxes up to 50 pounds
- Ability to count, read, write, speak and follow oral instructions in English
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Facility experience within healthcare industry
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.