Endoscopy Technician Part Time - Arlington, WA
Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Reprocess, store and maintain endoscopy scopes/equipment and order supplies/linen/equipment to ensure the Endoscopy Center is fully equipped for patient procedures. This position also requires front office check in, greeting/escorting/transporting patients, assisting with procedure set up and room turn over, unit and equipment cleaning and documenting non-clinical data into the patient record.
- Prepare supplies and equipment for reprocessing/sterilization.
- Endoscope cleaning, high level disinfection and maintenance.
- Responsible for procedure equipment set up and orchestrating what scopes need to be used when, where and by whom.
- Monitors, orders, stocks and maintains supplies, linen, equipment and/or instruments.
- Support physicians, CRNAs and RNs by assisting in procedure room set up and turn over.
- Support nursing staff by assisting with room turnover and patient recovery/discharge/transport.
- Perform check in procedures and clerical duties at the front desk and throughout the unit.
- Work as a team member within the endoscopy center and with all other Polyclinic departments.
- Supports and upholds established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control and codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in quality improvement activities; assists in maintaining compliance with accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in a medical setting as a Surgical Technologist, Anesthesia Technologist, Nursing Assistant Certification or Certified Medical Assistant
- Completion of 12 months of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours processing flexible endoscopes preferred. Knowledge of infection control procedures including PPE, Blood Borne Pathogens, biohazard waste removal
- Active BCLS/CPR certification
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Completion of a Surgical Technology, Anesthesia Technologist, Certified Nurse Assistant or Medical Assistant program
- Previous endoscopy technician/reprocessing experience
- Previous hospital or medical office experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.