Equipment Maintenance Technician - Woodinville, WA
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates Only**
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Equipment Services Technician coordinates with the Automation team in supporting and optimizing mail order pharmacy throughput and minimizing downtime through the scheduling and completion of routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and process improvement strategies. The Equipment Services Technician is also responsible for the completion of planned maintenance for the department and automation equipment readiness.
This position will sit onsite at 8131 W Bostian Rd. Suite A350, Woodinville, WA, 98072, and will work 1st shift. This is subject to change based on business needs and team growth, as well as potential to accrue overtime hours and periodically rotate to support the other shifts if/when needed.
1st Shift: Monday-Friday, 5:30AM-2PM or 7AM-3:30PM (dependent on business need)
- Hands-on position that requires strong debugging and troubleshooting skills within Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and PLCs
- Install, setup, troubleshoot, and maintain various mail order pharmacy equipment and prototyping/testing new improvement projects
- Be able to troubleshoot/repair/replace faulty electrical components such as: Motors, relays, switches, servos, VFD, and other sensing devices
- Effectively maintain programming, troubleshoot, determine root causes of failure and perform corrective actions
- Maintain and repair all of the automation dispensing equipment to operate at optimum throughput and minimum downtime
- Maintain and track records on all PMs and maintenance work orders
- Ensure to maintain adequate inventories of spare parts, tools and supplies to support production equipment
- Record completed work order and parts used within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Provide support to the Automation team in finding solutions to complex problems
- Work with Engineering, AES Supervisor and production Leadership in prioritizing maintenance activities and improvement projects to minimal impact production goals
- Demonstrate high proficiency with problem solving and communication skills
- Work in collaboration with engineering and production leadership on all equipment related issues
- Report to upper management on equipment condition and status per down call protocol
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Must be able to maintain and clean equipment on the PM scheduled day
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing or distribution line
- Experience with 3-phase 480 volts industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit and motor control circuits
- Experience with maintaining work orders, parts inventory, hours, etc. with computerized systems such as CMMS or SAP
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/mechanical/pneumatic issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnostic, calibration, maintenance/repair of equipment and electronic devices
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 4-year degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical
- 5+ years of experience with electrical, mechanical maintenance experience within industrial, manufacturing, or automated fulfillment center industries
- 5+ years of experience working in high volume, multiple shifts, Repacking/Manufacturing environment
- Experience in the following processes: Descrambling, Labeling, Pill Filling, Capping, Weighting, Sorting, and Packaging
- Beckhoff PLC experience
- AC/DC motors and motor controls
- Experience with Automated Conveyor Lines
- Experience with eMaint CMMS
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance program, policies/procedures
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.