Radiology Technician - ProHealth Physicians
**$1,000 Sign on Bonus for All External Candidates**
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work. (sm)
ProHealth Physicians Imaging has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Radiographer to join our team. The Radiology Technician supports the Imaging team and its patients by providing quality Radiologic exams by following established standards and practices. Provide superior patient care while ensuring radiation doses are kept to a minimum using the ALARA principle. Optimize exposure for the given clinical task and patient group using dose reduction tools where appropriate. Must have sound knowledge of techniques and patient positioning for patients’ age birth to geriatrics.
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients for their Radiology exam by collecting and recording (as applicable)
- Review all patient orders fro appropriate demographics and coding
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines
- Document pertinent patient information for our Radiologists and Bone Densitometries
- Create and review your daily patient log for productivity and billing purposes
- Use the CoActiv Picture Archive & Communication system (PACS) for reviewing images and reports
- Review all of the Imaging reports for accuracy and contact the Radiology group for any necessary addendums
- Prepare and maintain equipment to follow our quality maintenance program. Follow ProHealth Physicians Imaging QI policies which include our report timeliness and completeness, productivity reporting, patient satisfaction surveys, and record keeping policies
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA, ACR, and ARRT regulations and ProHealth policies
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform cardiac monitor testing (training for holter and wireless event monitoring)
This is a full-time position with:
- Full Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- and more...
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional Radiologic Technology
- Current ARRT registration and CT license
- 1+ years of experience as a Radiographic Technologist
- Able to maintain your continuous medical education credits for your Radiography registration
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bone Densitometry Certification
- 3+ years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist
- Experience working on electronic health records
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.