Desktop Support Technician
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Desktop Support Technician will coordinate communications between software/hardware vendors and end users to resolve desktop technical issues, document and assess IT Desktop Configurations as they relate to company polices and perform regularly required maintenance of desktop applications and hardware systems as required.
- Daily administration of Technical Support ticket system, as assigned
- Perform daily (routine) applications maintenance
- Provide timely and accurate support to the all-desktop users
- Participate in documenting support procedures
- Trouble shoot and resolve user issues
- Escalate issues as needed
- Request Assistance from other IT Departments as needed
- Assist other IT Departments as requested
- Gather end user requirements
- Gather and compile information from vendors, business owners, and / or other IT staff, as assigned.
- Assess the need for application patching and make appropriate recommendations
- Participate in Application patches
- Coordinate patch schedule with the Vendor, IT Departments and Business users
- Test and validate the patch was implemented successfully
- Follow Established policies, procedures, and documentation guidelines
- Performs other duties as required
- Develop and maintain security procedures
- Participating in 24x7 support and on-call rotation
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of technical support experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting enterprise solutions
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- CompTIA A+ Certification required
- Familiarity with web-based and client/server application concepts
- Demonstrated Implementation Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.