Equipment Service Technician
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Equipment Services Technician coordinates with the Automation team in supporting and optimizing mail order pharmacy throughput and minimizing downtime through the scheduling and completion of routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and process improvement strategies. The Equipment Services Technician is also responsible for the completion of planned maintenance for the department and automation equipment readiness.
- This is a hands-on position that requires strong debugging and troubleshooting skills within Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and PLCs
- Install, setup, troubleshoot, and maintain various mail order pharmacy equipment and prototyping/testing new improvement projects
- Ability to troubleshoot/repair/replace faulty electrical components such as: Motors, relays, switches, servos, VFD, and other sensing devices
- Effectively maintain programming, troubleshoot, determine root causes of failure and perform corrective actions
- Maintain and repair all of the automation dispensing equipment to operate at optimum throughput and minimum downtime
- Maintain and track records on all PMs and maintenance work orders
- Ensure to maintain adequate inventories of spare parts, tools and supplies to support production equipment
- Responsible to record completed work order and parts used within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Provide support to the Automation team in finding solutions to complex problems
- Work with Engineering AES Supervisor and production Leadership in prioritizing maintenance activities and improvement projects to minimal impact production goals
- High proficiency with problem solving and communication skills
- Work in collaboration with engineering and production leadership on all equipment related issues
- Report to upper management on equipment condition and status per down call protocol
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, or equivalent experiences
- 5+ years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing OR distribution line or 2+ years and a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Maintenance
- Experience with control logic such as Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Software PLC, HMI, RSLogic500/5000, and Studio 5000
- Experience with 3-phase 480 volts industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit and motor control circuits
- Experience with maintaining work orders, parts inventory, hours, etc. with computerized system such as CMMS or SAP
- Experience in verbal and written communication across different teams
- Experience leading others, directly or indirectly
- Experience working independently
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance program, polices/procedures
- Able to troubleshoot electrical/mechanical/pneumatic issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnostic, calibration, maintenance/repair of equipment and electronic devices
- Experience with maintenance troubleshooting using PLC tool and data sets
- Experience with CMMS
- Experience working in high volume, multiple –shifts, Repacking/Manufacturing Environment
- Experience with automation equipment (conveyors, motors, PLCs, IO devices, Pneumatic components, motion control, Robotics programming, Vision systems)
- Experience in the following processes: Descrambling, Labeling, Pill Filling, Capping, Weighting, Sorting, and Packaging
- eMaint CMMS
- Beckhoff PLC experience
- Proven strength in problem solving technology in a highly automated equipment
- Proven ability to handle multitasks simultaneously
- Proven team player, a positive attitude and be proactive
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.