HIM Document Imaging Technician - Onsite - Cooperstown, NY
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Document Imaging Technician will work closely with the vendor and end-users to increase workflow efficiency, develop workflows and queries to meet various data reporting and documentation needs, facilitate end user acceptance and meet the overall needs of HIM Department and the Legal Medical Record. They are also responsible for thoroughly testing all system upgrades, system changes prior to go-live and working with end-users to test and determine the impact on workflow, scanning of documents, transmission of documents to the patient chart, etc. of the upgrade/change. Must be able to react quickly to service disruptions with swift and appropriate measures to limit negative impact on the user community. Must be capable of independent action in monitoring and implementation of system functions to ensure system stability, data integrity and security, reporting all significant issues to their immediate Supervisor/Manager. Provides advanced system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware, and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of imaging client PC systems, peripherals, and applications for both on-site and off-site locations. Writes, updates, enhances, maintains, and distributes user documentation and procedures as needed.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of Monday- Friday 6am- 6pm, with rotating weekends. Our office is located at 4773 State HWY 28 Cooperstown, NY 13326
The following section contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. Bassett Healthcare is a dynamic organization, and the environment can be fluid. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing patient or organizational needs and conditions as well as to tap into skills and talents of employees. Accordingly, employees may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Manages patient medical records; performs Chart Analysis
- Chart/PHI preparation for scanning in the Document Imaging System.
- Scanning of the Medical Record chart/PHI into Document Imaging System
- Maintains orderly medical record files through indexing of medical records/PHI and QA-indexing.
- Positive phone leader and customer service qualities
- Follows Hospital safety policies, Departmental policies, and HIPAA-Confidentiality policies.
- Performs similar or related duties as requested or directed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in the field of Health Information Management or related medical office setting.
- Experience with computer data entry and windows-based application
- Reside within a commutable distance of 4773 State HWY 28 Cooperstown NY 13326
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of Monday- Friday 6am- 6pm, with rotating weekends
- Ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in written, auditory or visual fashion essential.
- Written, telephone and manual dexterity skills.
Physical and Work Environment:
- Must be able to push/pull more than 50 lbs. and lift objects, such as bundles or boxes of medical records/papers, more than 30 lbs.
- Able to perform tasks that require eye-hand coordination such as operating scanners and related devices.
- Able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.