Facilities Maintenance Technician
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function respond to and resolve daily work requests for maintenance, repair or replacement/relocation of facility, office, clinic, or workspace concerns. Duties include, but are not limited to lighting systems, temperature, plumbing, electrical, painting, door/hardware, carpet, wall repair and moving furniture/equipment. Documentation may include use of automated work order system, such as TRACK–IT.
- Provides general building/facility systems maintenance services for safe and comfortable operations
- Prioritize service calls, and follow up upon completion under direction of the facility supervisor
- Ensures quality and completion of tasks
- Performs minor construction projects
- Performs preventive maintenance on building systems
- Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Maintains stock and inventory control
- Acts as lead for multi-technician market or works unsupervised in a single-technician market
- Provides structured training sessions to other technicians
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in building maintenance or 2+ years of experience in building maintenance with a technical school degree
- Current driver’s license in applicable state
- Access to reliable transportation
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability and willingness to work irregular work hours on occasion
- Experience in a medical setting
- Proven ability to prioritize, and organize various work orders
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 67 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.