Mobile Medical Equipment Technician
Christian Hospital is seeking a Mobile Medical Equipment Technician!
Tuesday- Thurs 2:30 -11 pm
Sat Sun 7 am- 3:30 pm
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $6.3 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 14 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
In Clinical Engineering our mission is to provide a team of empowered professionals providing continued improvement in patient care and equipment planning & support technologies. BJC Healthcares' Clinical Engineering (Clinical Asset Management) team provides operational support and maintenance management of diagnostic, treatment, and patient support technologies. Specific service areas include, Medical equipment planned maintenance services, Medical equipment demand and corrective maintenance services, Operational support for functions employing medical technology, Support of Risk Management and EH&S functions, Technology asset management support, acquisition and disposal, Technology maintenance contract management, Technology capital project planning and management.
The Sterile Equipment Technician performs a variety of central sterile processing functions, which include the decontamination, preparation, sterilization, and distribution of medical equipment according to specified standards throughout the assigned medical facilities. They are required to maintain and control all assigned equipment and remedy process failures and hazards while maintaining the appropriate and complete records.
- Follows proper techniques and procedures to ensure the integrity of the sterilization process.
- Performs medical equipment decontamination from designated area procedures according to specified standards
- Remedy equipment and process failures
- Maintain and control records in central software
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- No Experience
- <2 years
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer