Business Development Director - Telecommute in UT
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Great sales are the result of solid purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for selling the IE/ISNP value proposition to potential business partners in TN/AL/MS. The role is assigned business targets and penetration goals for Institutional Special Needs Plans (ISNP) and Institutional Equivalent Special Needs Plans (IE-SNP).
If you are located in UT, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze assigned geography to identify, segment and prioritize all skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and/or assisted living facilities (ALs)
- Conduct traditional business development activities to engage customers, to illustrate the value proposition and benefits of participation with Optum/UnitedHealthcare, and to collaborate with Optum stakeholders to execute contracts which lead to successful implementation
- Provide a monthly pipeline forecast by stage, utilizing the CCM Business Development Model, including risks and opportunities relative to budget and/or assigned production goals
- Partner with network and sales leaders to ensure strategies are aligned, and drive incremental growth
- Serve as the executive contact for client groups, including the development and management of C level and C level equivalent positions in the SNFs/ALFs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of sales, business development, or negotiation experience
- Experience meeting targets/metrics/goals year over year
- Experience driving the entire new business development process and immediately identify and correct any barriers preventing the closing of the sale
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Leadership skills to ensure all deliverables are completed timely and as required to facilitate the closing of the sale and execution of the contract
- Able to travel up to 60%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration
- 3+ years of experience working with a skilled nursing facility
- Experience in healthcare sales
- Experience working with the executive and market leadership in the development of the budget and setting goals and expectations for the market
- Experience using a CRM (salesforce.com, Siebel, or a similar product)
- Contract negotiation experience
- Experience in a high energy position, requiring significant client contact, entertainment and engagement
- Ability to work a heavily matrixed environment
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment