Rehabilitation Medical Secretary - Reliant Medical Group - Leominster, MA
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates!
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost, and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work. (sm)
- Location: 50 Gold Star Blvd, Worcester, MA 01605
- Department: Rehabilitation
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday position with Saturday mornings. This position may require travel to peripheral sites on an as-needed basis for coverage
This position performs a full range of administrative medical support services while ensuring the highest level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Acts as a patient advocate and liaison in coordinating healthcare services by partnering with a care team (Nurses, Providers, and Medical Assistants)
- Verifies patient insurance coverage and eligibility utilizing computer-based patient registration / scheduling system
- Collection of patient co-payments and other outstanding balances, maintaining a daily cash deposit as needed
- Addresses patient-care related telephone calls via an incoming work queue aligning with department metrics
- Documents appropriate information in patient’s charts using an electronic medical records system
- Completes and maintains physician’s schedules, coordinating patient visits and medical procedures
- Ensures insurance authorizations are obtained and services are covered in full, communicating information with patients as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Familiarity with various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School diploma
- Additional specialized medical secretarial/medical office training
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to multi-task and resolve patient concerns in a timely manner
- Ability to think critically and exercise sound judgment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign on Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.