Senior Director - Workforce Planning Back-office - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Director - Workforce Planning Back-office is overall accountable for the strategic planning and execution of workforce planning for back office (Core Production functions) across all UHC lines of business including a global footprint inclusive of external partners. Primary responsibility to optimize organization, engagement, experience, efficiency, and scale. This leader will play a critical role in leading transformation initiatives with impact across lines of businesses.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the strategy for the development and delivery of long-range, short-range, and real-time capacity/inventory management to the member/provider supporting functions within the UHC Benefit Operations Organization
- Oversee the development of overall, holistic network plan and resource supply strategy to efficiently and effectively balance partner, OGS, and internal resources across all UHC LOB’s. This includes end to end plan (resourcing, training, redeployment availability)
- Develop and implement planning strategies across all back-office business’s that support broad based planning themes across the business such as productivity analysis, scenario analysis and deep-dive impact analysis. The strategies will continue to drive business initiatives, alignment across the operations LOB and overall efficiencies as it is viewed holistically versus the lines of business managing individually. Create and to continue to evolve function to support this ongoing work by realizing efficiencies across the team to build this capability
- Proactively drive efficiencies within the business through process improvement and program implementations to more effectively manage operational performance and resource driven metrics (e.g., overtime.) Champion and drive consistent operational strategy across diverse Lines of Business
- Drive the consolidation of other workforce planning organizations within UHC to provide higher capability in more effective ways – Actively seeking ways to work across boundaries to achieve higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Develops and executes on talent plan across the Workforce Planning teams. Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports to help grow functional skills and leadership capability. Set objectives with team members that enable achievement of departmental and functional goals and hold team accountable for high performance
- Participate in the conceptualization, development, implementation, and operationalization of significant change initiatives that drives greater levels of employee productivity, scale, and effectiveness (like enterprise work delivery – EWD)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of management level experience leading WFP/WFM in a call, claim, centralized worker knowledge environment in one or more of the following industries: health care, financial services, retail, technology, consulting
- Experience in building buy-in to drive large scale change by influencing others, modeling change, and leveraging technology
- Experience collaborating, influencing, and obtaining buy-in from complex array of stakeholders across a large, global organizations
- Demonstrated project management expertise to include planning, organization, and monitoring
- Demonstrated experience to build and manage high-performing and diverse teams in a corporate setting
- Demonstrated track record of participating in large-scale, complex transformation programs with aggressive timelines
- Proven ability to build and sustain productive relationships across key functional groups to include operations, finance, human capital and technology
- Proven analytical skillset that actively leverages operational and customer experience data to influence operational execution and process design
- Demonstrated technical acumen and can successfully translate operational needs into technical capabilities
- Proven excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills to interface effectively with staff, management, and various other internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive team environment and collaboration
- Travel to work sites required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree or comparable experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.