Director or Senior Director Business Development - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
It's time for us to talk because at UnitedHealth Group, there's never better time to lead. Health care is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas and bold vision are taking companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance. They can help you bring your impact to a whole new level. As a Director within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Predict emerging customer/market needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy – Go to Market stratgey
- Manage sales pipeline & accelerate sales process
- Apply network configuration and incentive - based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Lead business development team – coaching and developing skills, provide guidance, set goals, track progress and report-up activity/progress/outcomes
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and / or approaches
- Work with direct cross-functional and / or cross - segment teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
In this influential, high-impact role, the emphasis will be on setting strategy and working across a matrixed organization to achieve desired results. The environment is fast paced and demanding, so you will be changing priorities often and reacting to the needs of the marketplace.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience in the health care industry & healthcare contracting
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience
- 3+ years of specialty pharmacy experience
- Experience working with biopharmaceutical manufacturers & key decision makers
- Experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- Deep knowledge and experience negotiating contracts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Post - graduate degree; MBA
- Experience in contributing to the development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- Solidcustomer service skills and ability to coach/develop these skills in team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information form others, including but not limited to reimbursement policy standards
- Solid interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.