Senior Medical Coder - HCC Coding - Telecommute in San Diego
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
For you, it’s all about the details. Because you understand that getting everything exactly right ultimately helps people live healthier lives. Here at UnitedHealth Group, we couldn’t agree more. If you want to play a role in inventing the future of health care, here's your opportunity. Join us today.
If you are located within the San Diego, CA area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Receive assigned medical charts to code
- Review medical charts electronically
- Abstract and code diagnosis and documentation information
- Document requested information from the medical record
- Identify training needs, prepare summary reports and conduct coaching as appropriate for clinicians and other staff to improve the quality of the documentation to accurately reflect the burden of illness for our patients
- Perform ongoing analysis of medical record charts for the appropriate coding compliance
- The key challenge of this role centers around your ability to work quickly, accurately and independently. You'll be challenged with daily production goals as well as maintaining a high accuracy rate to achieve your quality goals. Extensive use of electronic medical records in an ICD-10 environment is also required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Coding certification to include ONE of the following: CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P or CCA
- 2+ years of medical coding experience
- 1+ years of experience working with CPT, ICD-10, and HCC Coding
- 1+ years of HCC coding Medicare risk adjustment experience
- Basic Microsoft office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Webex, Zoom
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- RHIA or RHIT Certifications
- Facility based coding experience
- Managed care experience
- Pharmacology knowledge
- Experience with HEDIS
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.