Associate Actuarial Director - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with other finance teams to monitor performance against forecasts, analyzing and explaining drivers of variances from key metrics
- Understand and interpret key drivers of health care trends to national leadership
- Develop and monitor claims trend forecast models, working closely with partners across departments
- Conduct and evaluate studies on healthcare cost, utilization and trends; and determine the impact and feasibility of health product proposals and business strategies
- Translate and communicate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences including senior and market leaders
- Serve as key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Coordinate and manage multiple work streams and project teams
- Collaborate across Actuarial and HCE teams
- Manage Actuarial Student(s)
You should be ready to demonstrate your master actuarial and leadership skills in a highly complex and matrixed health care environment. You will be challenged with becoming a trusted advisor and subject matter expert in your area of expertise while helping to drive business results.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 5+ years of health insurance Actuarial experience
- Expertise in Excel and Microsoft Office suites, and working knowledge of large datasets (claim/eligibility/revenue)
- Experience in the developing and maintaining claim trend forecast models and related analyses
- Management experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to solve problems and communicate effectively
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.