Sales Director, Government Plans - Phoenix, AZ
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
On our Medicare & Retirement Distribution team this Government Programs Market Sales Director will define the local go-to market strategy and lead the sales team in delivering on that strategy to best meet our new sales and membership needs while outpacing the competition in overall growth.
If you are located in AZ, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for driving Medicare sales growth and growing relationships with agencies that sell our products
- Develop and implement the sales strategy to exceed revenue targets, including the demand generation plan and sales process for both our direct and partner channels
- Manage all aspects of new strategic account development: prospecting, consultation, building strategic alliances, compelling proposals, relationship management and closing opportunities
- Ensures membership goals are met, primarily through the acquisition of new members - but also through effectively and efficiently managing sales related member migration/retention programs in a market
- Manages the acquisition cost, investment and spend by appropriately allocating and managing costs associated with staff, marketing, and community programs.
- Proactively develop and execute strategic and comprehensive sales business plan for market to achieve/exceed sales goal
- Build and maintain a best-in-class sales team by recruiting, training, motivating, and developing the right talent
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
- Partner with local marketing teams to maximize local sales leads that complement national brand and growth initiatives
- Collaboration and relationship building with all channels including key account agencies in their markets
- Ability to work, train and build relationships remotely as necessary and as required by environment
- Apply CMS regulations and standards
- Create High Performing Teams:
- Provides clarity to team processes, roles, skills, and deliverables
- Evaluates and debriefs team performance
- Provides feedback and support
- Monitors and guides team deliverables
- Assuring Results:
- Keeps team motivated and on task for achieving goals and targets
- Regularly reviews performance against measures
- Holds themselves and the team accountable for achieving results
- Works collaboratively by building trust with the team and key partners
- Looks for opportunities to gain commitment to growth
- Practices consistency, reliability, and dependability with commitments
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- State life/health insurance license
- 5+ years of sales, territory management, business development or related experience
- 3+ years of sales team management experience
- Experience collaborating with brokers and/or agencies
- Managed care, Medicaid, Medicare, Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) sales experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with technology resources (computers/mobile devices, Internet, social media platforms & networks, software applications, virtual presence, etc.)
- Proven success exceeding company assigned quotas, sales goals, and deliverables
- Knowledge of internal processes/departments to support the sales process and assist in problem resolution (e.g., marketing, billing/enrollment, customer service, etc.)
- Live in/within commutable distance to Phoenix, AZ
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time within Phoenix, AZ market area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce
- CMS proficiency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.