Medical Record Specialist (Telecommute in PR) *Sign on Bonus $750*- San Juan, PR
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
Are you looking for a chance to get your foot in the door with a great company? You’ve found it here. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here, you’re not just working. You are making great things happen for the people who rely on us for healthcare across the United States. You’re part of an elite team that is equipped with the best tools and resources, the most thorough training and learning opportunities and a mission that can inspire you every day.
This employee will be part of the Intake Operations team covering areas of concurrent intake, appeals intake, and support services, based on business needs. As a Case Coordinator, this individual will be trained in all three areas, staying current on any changes in process, and assist in each area as directed. This individual will be responsible for gathering data and processing information sent from client hospitals to OPAS as documents, image files, and other channels and will manage their safe keeping and entry into OPAS’s internal database. The individual in this role will also track and verify the quality of this data in a timely manner, taking action when appropriate to ensure that the data is accurate and complete.
Work Schedule: This position is full-time (40 hours/week) as assigned, with every other weekend requirement including Holidays. It may be necessary, given the business need to work overtime. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:00am – 12:00am AST. (Several shifts available)
- 8AM- 5PM
- 9AM- 6PM
- 10AM- 7 PM
- 12 PM- 9PM
- 3PM- 12 AM
- Enter demographic and clinical data into the clinical database for both concurrent intake and appeals intake, as assigned
- Electronically access client clinical systems to obtain data as well as enter case recommendations into the client system, assisting with document retrieval and troubleshooting from client/vendor systems as needed
- Responsible for documentation, preparation, data entry, indexing, and quality control of documents related to retrospective appeals intake
- Assist in placing telephonic calls to provide case updates and/ or recommendations to clients and payors
- Maintain the integrity, accuracy, and organization of retrospective and concurrent related documents
- Communicate with the concurrent and retrospective teams, vendors, and the OPAS application support teams as needed
- Monitor daily workflow for changing priorities, maintaining flexibility with responsibilities and hours, multi-tasking if needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
*** ENGLISH PROFICIENT ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION ***
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or higher degree
- 1+ years of experience with medical record management or medical billing (healthcare information)
- Proven knowledge of office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems (Outlook, Excel, Word), and record keeping
- Bilingual proficiency both Spanish and English
- This position is full-time (40 hours/week) as assigned, with every other weekend requirement including Holidays. It may be necessary, given the business need to work overtime. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:00am – 12:00am AST (Several shifts available).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Understanding of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance
- Knowledge of insurance appeal processes
- Computer and typing skills as well as prior knowledge and use of portals, websites, and download data files
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment