OptumCare Medical Records Representative - Scottsdale, AZ
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The HIM Representative is responsible for operational processes related to entering clinical documentation into the Electronic Medical Record. This person will support Health Information Management Department operational processes by collecting and preparing documentation for entry into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR); scan and index clinical documentation under supervision; provide customer services via phone and fax.
- Ensures that paperwork is properly scanned and indexed into the Electronic Medical Record
- Minimum of daily scanned documents is 600 pages
- Faxes stat requests for records to other facilities
- Scan and file all imported and paper documents
- Prepares/documents request for Release of information to Ciox
- Answer incoming calls for the H.I.M Department
- Responds to patient enquires related to Release of Information: assist patients with questions about their medical records
- Participates in quality assurance audits and other initiatives as directed by management
- Perform other projects and duties as related to clinical area as requested
- Ensures HIPAA and legal guidelines are followed in all interactions with patients and in handling of the health record
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, No Weekends, No Holidays.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma OR GED equivalent
- 1+ years of experience with HIM terminology
- Proficient in computer skills (Expected to learn how to use EPM, Touchworks, NextGen ICS and other clinical software within the first year)
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA guidelines (important to representing the Health Information Management Department work to patients and other clinical staff)
- 10-key skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Records Clerk
- Organizational and time management skills
- Astute attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.