Behavioral Medical Director, Arizona - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Behavioral Medical Director position is responsible for providing oversight to and direction of the Utilization Management Program and performing peer reviews as necessary. This individual will interact directly with Psychiatrists, Behavioral Health Providers, and other clinical professionals who consult on various processes and programs. The Behavioral Medical Director is part of a leadership team that manages development and implementation of evidence-based treatments and medical expense initiatives and will also advise leadership on health care system improvement opportunities. They are responsible for maintaining the clinical integrity of the program, including timely peer reviews, appeals and consultations with providers and other community based clinicians, including general practitioners and will work collaboratively with the Health Plan Medical Director, Clinical, Network and Quality staff. At Optum, our clinical vision drives the team to improve the quality of care our consumers receive.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensuring delivery of cost effective quality care that incorporates recovery, resiliency and person-centered services
- Responsible for Level of Care guidelines and utilization management protocols
- Responsible for oversight and management, along with the Clinical Director and Clinical Program Director, utilization review, management and care coordination activities
- Provide clinical oversight to the clinical staff, oversee the management of services at all levels of care in the benefit plan
- Keep current regarding Evidence Based Practices and treatment philosophies including those that address Recovery and Resilience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Current license to practice as a physician without restrictions in the state of Arizona
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation and recovery
- Knowledge of post-acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Computer and typing proficiency, data analysis and solid organizational skills necessary
- 3+ years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist post residency
- Managed care experience
- Experience in public sector delivery systems and experience in state specific public sector services
- Experience working with community based programs and resources designed to aid the State Medicaid population
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $254,600 to $295,200. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $254,600 to $295,200. The range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.