Employee Experience Program Director - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Labs is the research and development arm of UnitedHealth Group. We're a diverse team of curious thinkers and experts in big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and scientific and clinical research searching for new ways to help people live healthier lives. We partner with world leaders in health care delivery, research, and technology to create disruptive solutions that serve patients, caregivers, providers, and commercial and government payers.
More equitable, effective, and affordable health care - that's our goal. We aren't just trying to improve the care an individual receives. We're building a future where the health care system works better for everyone.
As Optum Labs diversifies and grows in new capacities to meet our business objectives, talent and employee experience programs will attract and invest in talent who raise expectations and deliver on our priorities. As part of the Talent and Employee Experience team you will be responsible for reimagining and driving the Optum Labs Hire the Best program to help us attract and hire the right people to actualize our mission and vision of improving health care outcomes for everyone. This includes ownership over successfully building, running, and improving our Hire the Best training for talent acquisition and overseeing the certification of Standard Bearers, stewards of our Leadership Principles culture, for all hiring decisions. All Optum Labs employees are the customer. The immediate impact stretches across the Optum Labs business segment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Related to building and running talent and employee experience programs:
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of Human Capital programs that support our Optum Labs culture including how we attract, hire, and retain talent
- Facilitate live and interactive virtual trainings using the hire the best curriculum
- Track training program completion, targeting 100% completion by all people managers, working with Labs leaders to ensure participation and learning
- Own the identification, development, completion, and ongoing maintenance of a new technology platform MVP that supports the hiring process and modernizes the current process and tools
- Develop a new and repeatable acceleration program for standard bearers, our most talented interviewers and stewards of our shared behaviors (Leadership Principles), a role required in every interview loop, to drive data-driven and objective hiring decisions that raise our level of performance
- Partner closely with human capital, talent acquisition, and all Labs leaders and people managers
- Work independently across multiple teams to translate a business objective into a strategy and project plan
- Translate strategic interests into defined research questions and hypotheses
- Understand the customer problem and effectively prioritize program deliverables
- Influence program design based on business objectives, research questions, resourcing, and operational capabilities
- Use effective strategies to create opportunities for information sharing, collaboration, and execution across multiple teams within the organization
- Create and manage an end-to-end process that makes it easy for multiple teams to work together and deliver results
- Develop, own, and drive a detailed program plan comprised of the timeline, inputs, and outputs.
- Drive program decisions and communicate the strategy across multiple teams
- Apply past expertise and change management processes to drive effective program execution
- Impact the realized benefits like time/cost savings, speed, agility, transparency from the program execution and delivery for the teams they influence
- Develop and enhance well documented operational processes and process flows that support program development
- Manage cross-functional team dependencies at the organization level
- Ensure all deliverables are in compliance with applicable standards and regulations (e.g. HIPAA, HEDIS, CMS, State/Federal requirements)
- May lead external relationships once relationships are established, including holding external partners accountable
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in program management, product development, business operations, research, and development, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience leading and influencing program design and development
- Demonstrated experience building enterprise relationships and driving business results through cross functional partnerships
- Track record taking ownership, acting with urgency, putting customers first, looking to the future, and getting things done
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write narrative summaries
- Demonstrated application of effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills (Samples of work submitted with application preferred)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with end-to-end program delivery
- Experience leading smaller teams and prioritizing deliverables
- Experience adapting and flexing style of collaboration with key stakeholders in setting direction
- Ability to gain credibility, influence, and partner with business leaders over time
- Experience in stakeholder management to accomplish common goals for customers
- Previous experience managing a budget
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience working with the hiring process as a hiring manager and/or HR partner
We Lead with Diversity, Inclusion, and Compassion
At Optum Labs, we are dedicated to building teams where every individual is recognized for their unique experience and contributions. Our Leadership Principles underscore our commitment to inclusion, encouraging us to “walk in each other’s shoes” and open doors for our peers.
UnitedHealth Group supports local, regional, and national organizations that share these values through joint initiatives, event and program participation, volunteerism and giving. Through our Connected Communities, employees can connect with others who have similar – or different – life experiences and backgrounds. These groups are led by peers, supported by Human Capital, and championed by leaders.
We Invest in Talent
Managers at every level are committed to their roles as talent stewards who help guide and nurture professional development. We want our employees to reach their highest level of potential just as they help us reach ours.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.