Associate Finance Director
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The UHC Capital Finance team supports each line of business in managing a capital portfolio that in aggregate totals over $1 billion of annual spend. The team serves as critical role in supporting business teams and UHC executive leadership by providing financial guidance and advice on key strategic corporate initiatives.
- Manage the M&R and C&S capital portfolios through partnership with the Capital Controller, business teams and IT
- Provide guidance and support to analysts who manage day to day administration of capital portfolios
- Serve as a partner to numerous business teams in shepherding each through the capital governance process
- On-going responsibilities in meeting objectives include:
- Reviewing business cases and providing guidance to business teams on how to best communicate capital requests
- In creating CBAs (Cost-Benefit Analysis), provide financial guidance to business teams to maximize ROI
- Presenting the status of the capital portfolio to senior leaders
- Working with Segment Finance leaders to explain P&L implications of capital spend
- Career development guidance for analysts and management of analysts’ daily responsibilities
- Assisting business teams in creating monthly capital spend forecasts
- Conducting rate/volume variance analysis
- Along with IT partners, helping to address supply / demand imbalances for IT resource
- Participating in the annual budget process for capital
- Conducting ad hoc projects for the department
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Combination of 6+ years of finance and accounting experience. Minimum of at least two years of finance experience.
- Experience evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership
- Experience successfully partnering with multiple professional disciplines to manage critical financial management systems
- Experience implementing critical activities in ways that both generate operating improvements and efficiencies
- Experience managing a team of analysts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Passion for UHG; a hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the CFO, VP’s, and Directors of a multi-divisional organization
- Effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information
- collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Solid analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.