Senior Medical Director - Clinical Consistency - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Looking for a chance to drive measurable and meaningful improvement in the use of evidence-based medicine, patient safety, practice variation and affordability? You can make a difference at UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses in serving our Medicare, Medicaid and commercial members and plan sponsors.
The Senior Medical Director of Clinical Consistency will be focused on establishing and effecting the practice of evidence-based care across Optum Health. This role will partner closely with the Chief Medical Officer of Optum Health to develop and evolve clinical practice standards, protocols, and policies that are consistent and aimed at enhancing patient care.You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States.
- Lead teams by example contributing to a culture of honesty, safety, inclusion, compassion, diversity, and accountability.
- Work in a highly matrixed organization supporting collaboration with excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about elevating the quality of care across Optum Health in support of the quadruple aim – High Quality, High Patient Satisfaction, High Staff Satisfaction, and High-Value Care
- Lead a team to develop and maintain evidence-based clinical care standards
- Guide the convergence and alignment of existing medical care standards, protocols, and practices across the organization to ensure patients consistently receive high quality, high value care
- Lead a team that develops and maintains evidence-based medicine educational content
- Build effective relationships and engage with local, regional and market leaders to help drive adoption of practice standards among front line providers
- Lead a team performing the testing, validation, reporting and analysis of delivered content to help inform both improvements in content and content delivery.
- MD or DO degree
- Active, unrestricted physician state license
- 10+ years of physician leadership experience in the clinical and or education arena
- Experience developing and executing on a vision
- Highly experienced grading scientific literature and developing evidence-based guidelines that inform clinical decision support
- Experience developing consensus, and educating physicians
- Experience managing a large, diverse team
- Training as an informaticist or in IT is desirable
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.