Medical Driver - San Antonio, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Driver is responsible for all activities relating to the delivering home medical equipment including receipt, shipment, and delivery of medical equipment. Educates the patient/caregiver on equipment usage. Picks up equipment at termination of therapy. Responsible for maintaining delivery vehicles according to regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains delivery vehicle in accordance with HomeCare Dimensions, Inc. policy and procedure
- Maintains clean delivery vehicle inside and out at all times
- Maintains required supplies in delivery vehicle at all times
- Insures accurate and timely delivery of all home medical equipment
- Defines processes for delivery of HME
- Insures orders are complete and ready for delivery
- Pulls own supplies (DME, oxygen, liquids)
- Contacts patients receiving deliveries prior to leaving office to verify address and phone number
- Transports equipment and supplies in a safe and clean manner to patient’s homes. Sets up equipment and verifies proper function in the patient’s home upon delivery.
- Obtains patient/caregiver signature verifying receipt of HME at delivery
- Maintains accurate and current information on daily route sheet
- Submits all delivery paperwork at the end of the shift
- Notifies Warehouse Manager of any problems encountered during delivery
- Picks up equipment at termination of therapy
- Patient education
- Educates patient/caregiver on delivered HME
- Answers patient/caregiver questions as needed
- Documents teaching on specified teaching form
- Attends all required inservice programs to maintain comprehensive home care knowledge base
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within projected time frames
- Follows all infection control, standard precautions, and safety guidelines/standards per agency policy
- Complies with all Homecare Dimensions, Inc. policy and procedures. Promotes and maintains an agency environment that is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Participates in the agency's endeavors for accreditation, licensing and professional recognition according to state, federal or CHAPs requirements. Participates in home care Performance Improvement Program activities
- Demonstrates personal responsibility with regard to attendance and punctuality
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality with regard to all patient, staff and agency information
- Promotes the agency image by adhering to the Dress Code
- Meets productivity requirements based on agency standard
- Follows the appropriate chain of command in all forms of communication
- Demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of Home Medical Equipment experience
- Medical Terminology knowledge
- Able to read and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively
- Ability to read and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to accept direction and learn new tasks
- Demonstrates ability to communicate both orally and in writing with appropriate parties
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and transfer home medical equipment from one location to the other
- This position requires the ability to distinguish impressions of shape, size, distance, motion, color, and other characteristics of objects, through the eyes
- Major visual functions must include far sight acuity and near acuity
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Positive work environment is promoted for all Agency employees
Performs duties in office environment during Agency operating hours. Noise level may be moderately high. Requires ability to handle stressful situations with calmness and courtesy at all times. Occasional need to work extended hours.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability to the work environment is critical
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.