Associate Director Industry Relations - Hybrid
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Growth opportunities among the variety of product lines and making an impact on the healthcare system ensures it will always be challenging and exciting.
The Associate Director of Industry Relations is responsible for developing and managing relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers in the context of negotiating for rebate discounts in exchange for formulary access to all UHG enterprise-wide books of business (OptumRx, UHC). This position is part of a cross functional internal team (Finance / Accounting, Clinical, Legal, Contract Specialist, Client Management) managing formulary placement strategies for over 60 therapeutic classes to the lowest net cost for UHG clients.
Careers with Optum offer hybrid work arrangements and individuals who live in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to regularly work from home (remote). Here at Optum we use the office space to promote community, enhance collaboration and foster innovation.
- The US healthcare market with respect to OptumRx pharmacy benefit design and operations
- Financial modeling analytics for rebate optimization and lowest net cost strategy assessment of pharmaceutical products
- Clinical knowledge of multiple therapeutic categories for manufacturer assignments (e.g. CV, Diabetes, Respiratory disease)
- Contract negotiation processes including; the review process involving internal (Optum) legal and contract experts to lead those discussions with pharmaceutical manufacturers. This will include direct involvement in the coordination of the redlining process as well as communications and negotiations of contractual terms and conditions in tandem with internal stakeholders (Optum IR leadership, legal, clinical, contracting)
- An understanding and knowledge of established clinical guidelines determined by OptumRx P&T
- Executing formulary contract negotiations and all interactions with pharmaceutical manufacturers that are in compliance with UHG corporate policies, directives, business goals and objectives
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry context
- Contracting negotiations, strategy development and contract redlining experience
- Proven ability to work well and collaboratively, with multiple teams or departments for business growth or profitability goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information
- Excellent interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy
- Advanced degree (MBA or PharmD)
- Experience in managed health care or pharmacy benefit management
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the Optum Ireland Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.