Mammogram Tech Per Diem Southwest Medical
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is one of Nevada’s largest multi-specialty medical groups. (SMA) Experience, Compassion, Innovation, Quality have been the very foundation of SMA since we formed in 1972. We serve a broad expanse of Southern Nevada communities. From 24-hour urgent care to convenient e-visit capabilities, we're bringing our patients the health care they want, the way they want it.
The Mammography Technologist performs mammography procedures per department protocol. Responsible for daily operations of the mammography room including patient schedules, quality assessment of equipment and reporting equipment failures.
- Greets and prepares patients for examination, explains specific procedures to be performed
- Performs screening or diagnostic mammography exams using excellent positioning and exposure techniques and examines developed films for technical quality. Follows written order or self-referral policy
- Conducts quality control tests following ACR, Manufacture Quality Control Manuals and department policy and procedure manuals
- Ensures both patient images and quality control tests are processed appropriately and stored in PAC's
- Correctly begins and ends all patients in the Imagecast RIS system
- Maintains current ARRT, CPR, and State of Nevada certifications; provides supervisor with proof of continuing education
- Uploads comparison CD’s into PAC’s
- Ensures all associated paperwork is scanned into PAC’s or sent to HIM’s
- May also be assigned to other modalities provided incumbent is certified or licensed in those modalities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school or GED
- Graduate of an approved AMA Radiologic Technology program
- Current CPR
- Current ARRT and Nevada State Mammography license
- Willing to obtain ARRT (M) within 1 year of hire
- 2+ years of Mammography experience
- Flexible to work overtime and on call as needed
- Rotate within Imaging Services Department to include satellite offices
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical procedures and results with patients and providers
- Skilled in properly positioning patients to provide quality imaging
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Travel 50% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of Mammography experience
- Advanced knowledge of radiology equipment, testing and safety hazards related to radiology
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of mammography procedures and diagnosis
- Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Basic computer skills, RIS and PACS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.