Associate Director Value Analysis and Support Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare Supply Chain strives to deliver value and a positive experience in every interaction with our team, solutions, and partners. This position is accountable to deliver savings, solutions, and high end user satisfaction on products and services procured at Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs) through leading and partnering with clinical, operations and supply chain teams from CDOs and support functions with UHG and Optum leveraging value analysis, best practices, and non-acute supply chain solutions. The person in this role is a content expert in the areas of supplies and services, suppliers, solutions, and industry best practices serving non-acute healthcare.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges and able to between the hours of 8a to 5pm EST or CST
- Enable savings, quality, and service improvement for Care Delivery Organizations through leading Value Analysis and spend optimization on clinical products (medical/surgical supplies, pharmacy, vaccines, distribution and capital equipment) and services
- Lead opportunity identification, analytics, and project management for Value Analysis initiatives
- Deliver value by embedding with Care Delivery Organization Supply Chain Teams and delivering tailored solutions, capabilities, support, and support addressing their top operational objectives
- Act as a content expert on behalf of OptumCare Supply Chain teams to ensure support from matrixed UHG and Optum teams deliver value with each interaction
- Partner with leaders in multiple organizations to leverage enterprise assets and services
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, or related undergrad degree
- 5+ years of experience in non-acute healthcare supply chain management, supply chain solution sales/service or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain data analysis and/or project management
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results from opportunity identification to implementation
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent analytical abilities including the use of advanced Excel capabilities
- Excellent at finding trends in the data, articulating the "so what," and translating insights into strategic, actionable recommendations
- Track record of success bridging local and enterprise needs
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time on a sustained basis
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Commodity experience in specialty and non-specialty pharmacy
- Demonstrated expertise working with Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO)
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term relationships
- Excellent presentation, writing, negotiation, and organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.