Market Medical Director - WellMed Medical Group - Beaumont, TX
A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG) is seeking an Market Medical Director for Beaumont, TX. We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life’s best work with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
The Market Medical Director (MMD) is a key member of the Market Leadership and Management Team who shares responsibility for decision making and outcomes in the market with the other members of the market team. The MMD is responsible for improving the quality and efficiency of medical care in his/her clinics of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains collegial relationships with contracted & affiliated physicians to support the business efforts of the organization.
- Conducts and directs standardized, functional Patient Care Coordination (PCC) meetings and ensures patient information is disseminated to physicians to ensure appropriate patient care is being delivered.
- Implement market specific initiatives and ensures that processes and procedures are aligned with the business model.
- Drives improvement of quality indicators in assigned market by identifying, directing, and executing continuous quality improvement activities or processes.
- Participates in Committees, as needed.
- Collaborates with Market Operations and Provider Relations staff in the market(s).
- Assists in the identification of potential physician practice acquisitions in assigned market.
- Partnering with the Clinical Affordability team to support new innovative approaches to making healthcare more efficient and meaningful to PCPs and patients alike; ultimately bending the cost curve in region
- Developing and cascading clinical outcome/improvement messaging to business units to foster tighter working culture
- Helping set agendas/strategies and leading multifaceted teams of Physician Business Managers, Risk Adjustment RNs, and Quality RNs
- Assist driving aligned performance in largely an independently contracted provider network through the development of meaningful relationships, financial and quality incentives, best practices, forward thinking solutions to improve our value proposition to medical providers
- Assist in the identification and development of current/new best practices in support of continuous financial and quality improvement
- Serve as an integral dyad partner interfacing with Corporate level support divisions, to include: Quality, Risk Adjustment, Cost and Care
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan with Match, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), or M.B.B.S required
- Board certification in Family or Internal Medicine
- Five or more years of clinical experience, including two or more years of managed care experience
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas or the ability to obtain one rapidly
- Valid DEA license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey here.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.