Market Medical Director - Southwest FL Market
A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG) is seeking a Primary Care Physician Leader to work alongside and support our Primary Care Physicians in the delivery of value-based care to the Medicare Advantage population. We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life’s best work with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- The Market Medical Director is a key member of the Market Leadership and Management Team who shares responsibility for decision-making and outcomes in the market with the other leaders of the market team.
- The Market Medical Director is a provider facing role
- Develops and maintains a collegial relationship with contracted and affiliate physicians in order to support the value-based care efforts of the organization.
- Assist driving aligned performance in largely an independently contracted provider network through the development of meaningful relationships, financial and quality incentives, best practices, and forward-thinking solutions.
- Collaborates with Network and Provider Relations staff in the market(s).
- Assist in the identification of potential physician practice acquisitions
- Implement market specific initiatives and ensures that processes and procedures align with the business model.
- Participates in Committees, as needed.
- Partnering with the Clinical Affordability team to support new innovative approaches to making healthcare more efficient and meaningful to PCPs and patients alike; ultimately bending the cost curve in region
- Developing and cascading clinical outcome/improvement messaging to business units to foster tighter working culture
- Helping set agendas/strategies and leading multifaceted teams of Physician Business Managers, Quality/HEDIS staff, Care Management staff and Clinical documentation team members.
- Serve as an integral dyad partner interfacing with Corporate level support divisions, to include: Quality, Risk Adjustment, and Clinical Affordability.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Florida and Texas, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Active, unrestricted medical license in applicable state(s), or ability to obtain licenses rapidly
- Five or more years of clinical experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Two or more years of managed care experience
- Experience in both fee-for-service and managed care operation
- Previous medical director
- Board certification or eligibility in Family or Internal Medicine
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.