Associate Actuarial Director - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Here's an idea. Let's build something. Let's put together a team of actuarial talent that can keep our Fortune 10 global organization at the forefront of an industry and at the table when more change for the health care system is planned. We've made a great start. Now we need you. As an Actuarial Consultant at UnitedHealth Group, you'll be charged with analyzing some of the world's most complex and abundant stores of data and delivering bold, business-savvy solutions. In addition to inspiring everyday challenge, you'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and interpret the key drivers of healthcare trends
- Oversee development of monthly reserve estimates and explain variances to forecast and budget
- Conduct and evaluate studies on utilization and healthcare cost; and determine the impact on premiums and health product proposals
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to provide management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Measure impact of initiatives designed to control costs
- Design and run complex data programs as you perform quantitative analysis of actuarial, financial, utilization and costs data
- Serve as key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Direct and review work of analysts in the department
- Communicate findings to leadership
You should be ready to demonstrate your master actuarial and leadership skills in a highly complex and matrixed health care environment. You will be challenged with becoming a trusted advisor and subject matter expert in your area of expertise while helping to drive business results.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 5+ years of Actuarial experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working in finance or the healthcare industry
- Experience in Medicare Advantage and/or Medicaid
- Basic level of proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.