Director, Fraud Transaction Operations- Remote
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get – leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Careers at Solutran, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, offer a unique and exciting opportunity to create large-impact, market-leading payments and financial technology innovations, while delivering on the mission of improving the health and wellbeing of tens of millions of Americans.
Our industry-leading S3® payments platform is integrated at 35,000+ retail locations and supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services. This advanced technology has led to Solutran’s rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
Working within a FinTech powerhouse, Solutran team members enjoy a culture of performance and collaboration, along with the resources and technology of a Fortune 5 company that comes with being a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our teams work in close partnership with the largest and most forward-thinking companies in America including CVS, General Mills, Kroger, UnitedHealthcare, Walmart, Walgreens and more. Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
A major component of our mission to create transformative healthcare payment experiences involves the ability to provide a seamless member experience at the point of sale. We are looking for an experienced FinTech operator to drive our platform operations strategy forward, establishing teams, frameworks and processes to ensure decisioning integrity and platform reliability.
You will be in the driver's seat and responsible for a team tasked with strengthening fraud management methodologies, establishing comprehensive transaction monitoring and performance reporting, and managing Solutran’s extensive collection of approved product lists and benefit structures. In this role, you’ll partner with skilled counterparts across the organization to formulate, ideate, research, discover, and execute against the processes that enable the team to effectively grow and scale to support millions of members and over a dozen unique benefits nationwide.
We are looking for someone to join our operations team that wants to drive excellence and efficiency across each consumer transaction. Established processes, infrastructure and integration with our tools is paramount to our success and ability to rapidly scale across our organization.
The right candidate is someone who can “think big” while diving deep, remain flexible to change, and someone with a passion for innovation and operational excellence.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. This person will need to be able to work in Central Time zone.
- Define and build a comprehensive operational infrastructure focused on transaction processing, monitoring, and payment decisioning integrity across S3 and third-party network (e.g., VISA, Mastercard) activity
- Partner with legal and compliance teams to establish and deploy a comprehensive fraud identification, management and prevention program, formalizing processes, tools, and resources to address fraud across a multi-billion-dollar payments network
- Establish a high-performing team to drive and support the operational roadmap for S3 and third-party network management
- Leverage best-in-class methodologies for problem resolution and real-time, continuous production monitoring, proactively addressing defects or network issues
- Partner with client and retailer teams to navigate platform and network issues, assessing impact to clients and internal stakeholders and supporting communication
- Lead the development of innovative network operations processes and tools and continuously position the organization to support rapid platform growth and new product deployment
- Align and coordinate with core leaders and stakeholders across Product, Retail Operations, Network Engineering, Legal/Compliance, and other key stakeholders to drive process and platform improvements that advance transaction decisioning integrity
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- 7+ years of experience in financial services, payment network operations and/or consumer transaction processing
- 3+ years of experience in leading a fraud management function
- Experience establishing reporting, defining KPIs and ensuring adherence to SLAs
- Experience championing continuous improvement projects
- Experience managing an operations, transaction processing or network management team
- Comfort and experience with SQL analysis or other related tools
- Ability to influence, prioritize and execute improvement initiatives with a sense of urgency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.