MetroWest Medical Receptionist Training Program, Reliant Medical Group
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
- Location: 24 Newton Street, Southborough, MA, 01772
- Department: Learning & Organizational Development
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00PM
Our medical secretaries known as Patient Service Specialists perform secretarial responsibilities in our clinical locations all over Massachusetts. Some of these responsibilities include registering and scheduling patients for appointments, answering phone calls, and supporting a medical or physician care team. The ideal applicant is highly motivated, has a great attitude and a strong desire to work in a healthcare setting where they can make a positive impact. No prior work experience necessary. No high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Those who are selected for the program will be trained on courses in topics such as typing, medical terminology, healthcare systems structures, insurance essentials, use of the electronic health record, understanding different work styles, professionalism, and patient service. Selected applicants become a Reliant team member at the start of the program and will receive a competitive salary and other team member benefits.
- Performs various clerical functions as required. May include, but is not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, addressing, and mailing, receive, classify, and route mail, answer telephones, computer look-up (looking up names, numbers, etc.), ordering/maintaining supply inventory, small office projects, as required
- Utilizes team approach to meeting customer requirements. Works with them as a member of team to develop solutions for problem resolution which meets their requirements
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable, and predicable attendance is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.