Associate Director Actuarial Services - Minnetonka, MN or Phoenix, AZ or Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What's your next step? How will you leverage the study, training, certifications and your energy to help develop solutions to transform the health care industry? As an Associate Actuarial Director at UnitedHealth Group, you can do just that. You'll lead complex actuarial projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. It's an opportunity to help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand and interpret key drivers of health care trends
- Conduct and evaluate studies on pricing, utilization and health care costs and manage the development of pricing methodologies and assumptions
- Advocate for premium changes as needed in Medicaid products to State agencies with health plan partners
- Mentor and develop your elite team of actuaries and help them create unique solutions to complex problems
- Design and run complex data programs to perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling
- Analyze forecasts and trends and translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences including senior leaders
- Support development of new products with pricing and forecasting insights
- Set team direction, resolve problems and provide guidance to members of own team
- May oversee work activities of other supervisors
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influence or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Society of Actuaries actuarial designation of ASA, or near ASA
- 5+ years of Actuarial experience
- Experience working in finance or the health care industry
- Basic or higher level of proficiency with SAS and/or SQL
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- Experience managing, mentoring, or supervising others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.