Senior Director, OptumRx Specialty New Product Development - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Director, Optum Rx Specialty New Product Development will be responsible for the strategic development of comprehensive specialty product offerings for pharmacy benefit management clients and specialty pharmacy customers to help contain costs and optimize outcomes for consumers, as well as support providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers partners. As OptumRx vets and validates new product and business offerings, this role is critical in business case development, early-stage product design, proof of concept execution, market listening, and representation of products and concepts with all levels of the organization. The Senior Director, Specialty Product will influence cross-functionally as well as serve as a thought leader in partnership with the Specialty leadership team and colleagues in client facing positions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leading the design and development of new strategies and product offerings within the specialty pharmacy / specialty medication product domain, including championing breakthrough products and/or enhancement initiatives to achieve business goals on time
- Support the adoption of specialty programs and solutions, developing strategies for combining existing and new products and services into a unified offering for clients and strategic partners
- Create and present high-quality presentations to stakeholders; interact with clients and strategic partners to share information about our products and to derive solution concepts that meet evolving specialty market needs; participate in external-facing activities that advance our position as thought leaders, including speaking engagements and conference participation
- Translate strategies into defined programs/projects, priorities, tactics, and timelines
- Stay abreast of specialty trends and marketplace activities and work collaboratively with Sr. Leadership to shape business strategy and sustain a competitive advantage
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of product development experience in a non-technical product role
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing role managing client relationships
- Experience understanding marketplace dynamics to anticipate and address emerging market needs
- Experience managing a P&L; including the ability to make sound decisions to grow short- and long-term profitability
- Experience achieving established goals while navigating a complex and highly matrixed organization, working collaboratively and influencing others
- Experience developing and delivering formal presentations to senior leaders
- Experience meeting regularly with internal and external key stakeholders
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or advanced degree
- Health Care industry experience
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer, pharmacy, PBM, or health plan experience
- Knowledge of the economics of Specialty Pharmacy businesses
- Ability to frame complex problems and develop solutions that address multiple interests with minimal guidance and direction – trusted team member with considerable autonomy to shape strategic direction of offerings
- Ability to solve complex problems with an appropriate mix of quantitative analytics, market-based pragmatism and sound business judgement
- Superior strategic organizational skills consider and balance the internal culture, the external market and external (i.e., regulatory) factors when making business decisions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.