Driver Medical Appointments - Austin, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
- Transportation Specialists are responsible for providing a positive experience to members while providing safe and timely transportation to and from their homes and various medical facilities
- Conducts daily vehicle inspections for safety and proper equipment
- Picks up and transports plan members, staff members and electronic devices to and from members’ homes and various medical facilities
- Completes patient run reports daily
- May need to diffuse emotional situations with members
- Safe loading and unloading of members, guests, medical devices and baggage with strict adherence to established process and procedure
- Efficient time management skills
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of customer service or transportation delivery experience
- Proven ability to apply knowledge / skills to basic, repeated activities
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge and skills in own function
- Proven ability to works with others as part of a team
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to Push or pull up to 100 lbs. of force
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and set deadlines for employee
- For insurability purposes, at least 21 years of age or older with a valid driver's license and be able to pass a pre-employment and regularly scheduled post-employment Motor Vehicle Report inquires
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to sit for extended period of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing via electronic device or hard copy
- Ability to operate electronic device in order to complete assigned run
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Ability to respond to standard requests
- Ability to require assistance in responding to non-standard requests
- Ability to solve routine problems by following established procedures
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.