Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Receptionist is responsible to the Center Administrator and provides appointment scheduling, patient registration, cashiering, answers incoming calls and performs other related clerical functions.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Responsible for accurately and professionally handling all front desk operations including answering phones, greeting patients, scheduling of all appointments, balancing daily collections, addressing routine inquiries, and forwarding non-routine requests to appropriate personnel
- Receives incoming telephone calls in a prompt and courteous manner
- Performs clerical duties as directed
- Assists with the inventory and maintenance of business office supplies and the completion of business office reports
- Works daily reports, incomplete encounters, No Show reports, and other designated administrative reports according to office procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance
- Ability to travel may be required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 1+ year of medical office experience
- 1+ year of experience interacting and communicating with patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous and effective manner
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous medical office experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Knowledge of medical coding
- Excellent telephone/switchboard etiquette
- Ability to multi- task in a high paced environment with good organizational skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to work with general guidance
- Knowledge of business office operations and basic bookkeeping principles
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language fluently
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.