Senior Director Revenue Cycle Business Office - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide acute care and ambulatory back office revenue cycle management services to client/partners in areas that include:
- Patient financial services (pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Decision support and analytics
- Productivity and quality management
- Orchestrate multiple complex work streams through others by directing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences; must be able to persuade and influence the actions of others; Interactions will range from routine to complex and include formal and informal presentations, one-on-one and group discussions
- Prepare status reports and create presentations that demonstrate full command of factual material
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Play a key role in the retention, professional development and performance review of staff, including the mentoring, coaching and recruiting of staff
- Identify barriers in achieving operational excellence
- Understand acute care revenue cycle business metrics and results
- Evaluate and analyze data to understand trends in all areas of the operation
- Development of options and recommendations for improvement
- Deploys, monitors and upgrades analytic tools and processes
- Directs use of outside consultants
- Oversees development, monitoring and compliance of departmental budget(s)
- Supports accounts receivable and revenue valuation quarterly reviews performed by auditors. Develops revenue valuation recommendations for management
- Forecasts key business metrics using analytical techniques and produce reports with meaningful impact. Ensures data quality/integrity
- Advocates and follows best practice process adoption, suggests opportunities to improve operations within scope, leading to business process harmonization
- Creates work plans around remediation of identified gaps. Assists in identifying and evaluating good practices, both internal and external; utilizes existing venues to foster information sharing and transfer
- Management functions including activities related to staffing such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluation, and compensation determination
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of Revenue Cycle Management experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- 1+ years of experience with Epic
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Ambulatory/Provider Revenue Cycle operational experience
- Acute Revenue Cycle experience
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization. Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood
- Working knowledge of hospital based IT systems
- In-depth knowledge of the complete healthcare revenue cycle
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- A high degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.