Actuarial Director - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At United HealthCare, your performance, your ideas and your innovative thinking will help us improve the lives of millions. As the Senior Actuarial Consultant, you will manage projects involving complex mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling. The role requires an ability to communicate effectively well with all levels of healthcare organization technical and non-technical staff, be a self-starter and to manage large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives.
The challenges here are significant. You'll be responsible for the ownership of the pricing support for an innovative, high profile and high visibility UHG product, including managing large projects, complex work streams and providing actuarial direction and strategy for a variety of business partners. You'll be counted on as an SME in your content area and responsible for the work product at a high level.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintain and update pricing approach and pricing model for a specific product
- Provide actuarial direction and strategy to balance growth and profitability goals
- Develop our premium rate structure through the forecasting of financial/statistical data in a manner which is actuarially sound and competitive in the marketplace
- Assist sales and underwriting team in product quote presentation to prospective clients. Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Develop rate filings and support forecast as needed
- Develop performance analytics and success benchmarks
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with broader teams and senior leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Actuarial/Analytical/Data Science/Healthcare experience
- 2+ years of Project leadership and/or client management experience
- Experience interacting with senior management
- Hands-on experience in building actuarial models
- Technical skills - advance excel, VBA
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow of Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation
- Experience working with health care claims experience (i.e., understanding of costs, expected claims, diagnosis codes)
- Expertise in modeling for stop loss, excess of loss and reinsurance
- Working knowledge of SAS
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven problem-solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.