Per Diem MRI Technologist - Reliant Medical Group - Worcester, MA
**2500 Sign-On Bonus For External Candidates**
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function performs magnetic resonance imaging procedures to aid physicians in the diagnosis of disease. Processes exposed films via laser printer, critiques images, transports patients, cleans equipment and performs related clerical duties as required. Operates medical resonance imaging equipment, and provides for patient safety by following established procedures to assist physician with proper diagnostics and treatments.
- Responsible for MRI diagnostic services according to established protocols. Performs MRI exam by selecting specific software parameters in order to prepare a quality image to assist physician in making diagnostics
- Records and prepares images of MRI on hard copy by following established standard procedures for physician interpretation of the exam and long-term storage
- Inputs correct billing code by tracking actual procedure performed in order to capture all charges
- Performs screening process of patient, staff and equipment in the MRI environment
- Explains procedures to patient/family to alleviate patient anxiety
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all supplies as required. Maintains code cart following standard procedure
- Communicates with other departments to ensure that information is shared for effective operations
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance will be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technology program
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Licensure CPR certification
- 1+ years of experience in Radiology
- Knowledge of computers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.