Associate Director COMM HQ FP&A
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we’re creating innovative medicines for patients who are fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter our role, each of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
The Associate Director FP&A will be working in Commercialization HQ FP&A team preparing financial analysis, reporting and planning for the COMM HQ. Partnering closely with the market teams, centralized teams and FP&A , to provide support for strategic resource decisions and helping development of FP&A capabilities and community. The Associate Director will be recognized as an influential and collaborative senior Finance business partner who leads beyond the role and effectively interacts at all levels of the organization to deliver Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for Global Commercialization.
The role reports to Executive Director COMM HQ FP&A.Position Responsibilities:
- FP&A responsibilities include coordinating financial planning process and timelines (Budget, Projections & Actuals) across BMS for a Commercialization organization with $46+ billion in sales and $5.5 billion in operating expense.
- This role is supporting the Commercialization leaders with reporting, planning and analytics and visualization of insights. Additionally, this person cooperates with other members of Commercialization HQ FP&A team, the Corporate FP&A team and the FP&A leads from the six units within Commercialization Leadership of the financial planning process. This person cooperates across the BMS Matrix organization to prepare analysis of Sales performance, Opex, HC, Resource allocation.
- Monitors business performance, clearly identify material risks and opportunities, develops recommendations to improve financial performance.
- Accountable for assigned reporting and financial planning processes including projections, budgets, resource allocation.
- Supports creation of realistic forecasts and help to challenge assumptions as appropriate
- Partner with and guide FP&A teams in assigned units within Commercial
- Hold self and others to timelines, quality and accuracy
- Drive continuous focus on simplification and improvements
- Leads or participates on assigned projects including the creation of FP&A COE
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong ability to lead in the matrix organization
- Strong financial planning and analysis background and extensive experience with business planning cycle, budgeting process, demand forecasting, and profitability analysis
- Solid understanding of commercial business models and broad understanding of Commercialization Finance operations is an advantage
- Prior Commercialization P&L accountability, extensive FP&A experience, and US or International market experience is an advantage
- Strong BMS financial systems knowledge and experience with an ability to trouble shoot and identify solutions
- Project management skills, experience in visualization of data
- Exposure to top business and finance leaders
- Complete visibility into the BMS commercial business
- Obtain deep understanding of Corporate and Commercialization Financial processes
- Opportunity to work cross-functionally on initiatives to shape, simplify, streamline and improve processes and drive efficiencies
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.