Associate Director, Biostatistics
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
- Collaborates in design of innovative and efficient clinical trials, including the selection of study population/endpoints to address study objectives, and contributes to project development strategy
- Defends protocols and analysis plans at internal governance reviews and provides independent reviews of complex protocols.
- Independently authors and/or reviews protocol, statistical analysis plan, clinical study reports, associated publications, and other study level documents
- Presents summary data and analyses results, in a clear, concise, complete, and transparent manner
- Provides statistical support and leadership to address health authority request, publication, presentation, and other public release of information
- Manages multiple studies to ensure consistency and adherence to standards within an indication or therapeutic area
- Applies extensive knowledge of statistical / clinical trials methodology as it relates to clinical development
- Invests in developing knowledge outside of traditional statistical expertise in the clinical, regulatory and commercial environments with demonstrated application to study design.
- Effectively engages as a matrix team member on project teams, to act as a scientific and strategic partner in the drug development process
- Compliant with BMS processes and SOPs, adherence to global and project standards within an indication or therapeutic area and responsible for quality of deliverable
- Contributes to external and internal statistical community of practice
- Develops & advises team members
- Effectively communicates the GBDS Mission and Vision in a fashion that generates pride, excitement and commitment within GBDS.
- Enables a culture of inclusiveness, respect for diversity, compliance with process and allows for the questioning and challenging of others in a respectful and constructive manner. Applicable to people managers
- Effectively engages as an employee advocate and management coach/mentor to team members - both internally and externally
- Provides leadership to empower and develop the team.
- Provides guidance to employee's development plans and carries out performance review and feedback. develops performance metrics for staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD (6+ years’ experience) or MS (8+ years’ experience) in statistics or biostatistics or related scientific field with clinical trials, drug development, pharmaceutical industry or healthcare experience
- Proficiency in scientific computing/programming (SAS, R or Python) and implementation of advanced statistical analysis, data manipulation, graphing & simulation.
- Great interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Expertise in statistical/clinical trials methodology as it related to clinical development and ability to apply to relevant clinical development framework
- Good understanding of regulatory landscape and experience with participating in regulatory interactions
- Demonstrate collaboration, organizational/ leadership abilities, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple work assignments, and strong project management skills
- People manager experience is preferred (for people manager position only)
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.