Medical Social Worker (LMSW) - Davenport, IA
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The primary role of the Medical Social Worker (SW) is to assess the psychosocial needs of patients and provide solution-focused care management to address issues that impede their ability to adhere to their medical care plan. The SW is an active member of the Interdisciplinary care team (IDT). Social work services will be provided in home or via telemedicine as determined by state regulations and/or market need.
You will plan and manage your daily schedule to provide high quality care that is patient-centered and timely. This Monday-Friday role will be based from both the field and your home office; no on-call, evenings, or weekends.
- Facilitate serious illness and advance care planning discussion with the patient and family
- When clinically indicated, and in partnership with HbMC provider, conduct joint visits to facilitate prognosis awareness and health literacy
- Conduct a comprehensive psychosocial assessment of the patient’s and family’s strengths and needs
- Develop person-centered care plan goals with the patient and family and/or caregivers
- Provide tangible care management support to patient’s and / or family and facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services outside of HbMC (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, caregiver support, specialty care)
- Provide brief therapeutic interventions and solution focused care management to patient and family, utilizing motivational interviewing (MI) and other techniques to address care plan goals
- Promote patient and family self-management strategies to support self-efficacy and patient empowerment
- Enhance connectivity between patients and members of the interdisciplinary team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s Degree (MSW) in Social Work
- Active Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) license in the State of Iowa
- 2+ years of social work experience (internship not included)
- Working knowledge of evidence-based interventions such as motivational interviewing, problem-solving treatment and solution-focused therapy
- Ability to effectively engage, complete comprehensive psychosocial assessments, and deliver brief care management interventions to patients and / or family in-person or via telemedicine
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of accessing community resources
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Geriatric, Palliative and/or hospice care experience
- Experience in delivering home-based care or field care management
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team setting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.